- 2 cups gluten free waffle mix
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites beat until frothy
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter or non dairy butter spread, melted and cooled
- 1 cup non dairy milk (Almond, Cashew or Coconut) or whole milk
- 3 tablespoons molasses
If batter is too thick add another ½ cup of milk of choice.
1. Whisk together Gluten free Waffle mix, sugar, baking powder, Baking soda, salt, and spices in a large bowl. Whisk together eggs, butter, milk and molasses in a medium bowl. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, and whisk until smooth. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into batter.
2. Heat a waffle iron. Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each mold, and cook until golden brown. Serve warm waffles with warm syrup or whipped topping.