Make your own Bone Broth
from your Thanksgiving Turkey bones...
Instructions for Bone Broth:
- Place the turkey carcass ( I had a 12 lb bird) in a crock pot or a large soup pot. Cover it as much as possible with water. ...
- Add 2-3 carrots, 2-3 celery, 1 onion, 4-5 garlic cloves, 2 Bay Leaves & 2-3 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- Let it cook. For hours. ...(over night is best) I start off on High temperature in the slow cooker for 3-4 hours then switch to low temperature for remaining cooking time.
- Strain broth through a strainer removing all leftover bone & veggies.
- Strain a few more times through a strainer lined with cheese cloth.
- Place bone broth in mason jars.
I then used the Bone Broth to make
Turkey & Rice soup
Makes 4 servings.
- Placed 4 mason jars full of bone broth( about 8 cups broth) in a Soup pot on med/low temperature.
- Chop 2-3 carrots, 2-3 celery, Dice 1 onion and add it to the broth. Add 1 bay leaf.
- Let it cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add in left over Thanksgiving turkey meat(shredded) and 1/2 cup of frozen peas. Cook for a half hour on low heat.
- Cook in another pot or a rice cooker 4-5 servings of jasmine rice.
- Place the steamed rice in a soup bowl and ladle the turkey soup on top .