Monday, August 29, 2011

My Diet Journey!

 
  I have to say since my late 30's I have found out the hard way that I need to exercise and watch my calorie intake just to maintain my weight. Every year it gets harder and harder. I go on and off all varieties of diets that are out there on the Fat loss market or I look for a magic pills that claims to eliminate fat. I also search out invasive  procedures because surgery is the last option for me. I have purchased several of the "Eat Clean Diet" books by Tosca Reno and I believe this is the healthy route I'm gonna take to help me get Fit and Healthy. I highly recommend you research all her books she started in her 40's so she is a role model for me. I have had several surgeries so I'm really cautious  on the exercise part of this journey. I can't run anymore due to surgery to both knees with meniscus tears that needed to be repaired so I do the best I can with opting for low impact cardio  such as biking or stair climbing and using the elliptical machines. This month I just started to do strength training with adding weights to my exercise regimen. There are a few supplements that I'm taking that aids in weight loss to name a few : Natrol Tonalin CLA 1200 mg 2x daily ; Calcium and Vitamin D3 -2000 IU;Smartlean (Stimulant free Fat burner) before every meal;Renew life Ultimate Flora 30 billion 1X daily on empty stomach ;Chromium Picolinate 500mcg 2x daily; Vitamin C 400 mg;  health liver tonic(oral) also take Enzymedica Digest Gold before each meal daily . I also take the following for good health: Flaxseed oil 1200 mg ; Fish oil 1200 mg  with 360 mg OMEGA -3; Vitamin E-400 IU ;CoQ10 100 mg;Cinnamon 500 mg(regulate blood sugar) and a vareity of Antioxidants that  include Goji berry 1 oz daily; Cranberry (Urinary health) Tumeric(Immune system)Pomegranate & red wine extract(reservatrol or grapeseed) Biotin 7500 mcg & Alpha Lipoic acid 100 mg for skin health; DIM-plus (estrogen metabolism ) and Maca for women health.   I'm gonna add African Mango and I will let you know if it is worth trying. It is also nice to have a workout companion a friend or spouse that encourage you  to succeed  when you need that little extra push to keep you motivated.

 I'm learning that I just have to change my diet with adding healthy options verses high fat and sugary foods. I have hypothyroidism and I have to keep my metabolism high otherwise I will gain weight.  I'm reading labels on every package or containers looking at the ingredients for  hidden sugars . I pay close attention to  beverages, condiments, sauces, & dressings. Always look at calories from fat  & serving portions.

I opt at this time to only eat protein (limiting red meat intake opting for fish; poultry;nuts; egg beaters ; egg whites ) and  (organic) vegetables to my diet for me to lose some weight at first then I  will slowly add good carbohydrates(whole grains). My goal is to tone up and lose body fat % but it is hard for me to stay away from that darn scale.  The most that I want to gain is self confidence . I hope I can help encourage others that its never to late to start living healthy. I know I will struggle at times but it's a battle I want to begin. I'm not getting any younger but hopefully I can slow down the aging process a bit.



Get Fit.....

Pati






No comments :

Post a Comment