Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Wonderful Surprise !!!!




                                                       That is exactly what I got .....
                                               A surprise visit from my son , Ricky ....
                (Of course my husband knew all along that he was coming home)
                                       Actually he scared  the bejesus out of me....
                                 ( This is exactly what I probably looked liked...lol)
I woke up in the middle of the night ...as I often do ...& I go into the guest room (My son's old room) and I fall asleep in there ...however my cozy polka dot blankie was missing off the bed so I'm half asleep mind you ...I go into the living room and it was dark no lights are on but I could see that my blankie was on the couch. I go to grab it and then I screeched out a sudden loud cry in fright"Ahhhh"...(Like the woman above..lol)
He was sleeping underneath the blanket ....he awoke and smiled .....Surprise!!!  
                                My heart was pounding ....He got me good !!!!
beating heart photo: beating heart beating_heart_3.gif
                             After I knew it was him I was so happy with joy !!!! 
                My son is in the military and I haven't seen him for almost a year ....
                                                                 I was sooo Happy !
We both went back to sleep and I got up the next morning and surprised him with breakfast for when he awoke ...I knew he would probably sleep in due to the long drive from Shreveport , Louisiana
                                        I went to grab some yummy donuts for work
        and picked out some of Ricky's favorites and brought them home ...
                                                        then off to work I went .....
                                                 St. Pete Bagel Co has the BEST donuts ....
Click the link below to view the many flavors they offer ...
http://www.stpetebagelco.com/menu/donuts
                                           Ricky's favorites  Glazed and Boston Cream ....
                                                            and an assortment of bagels .....
                                     Later that day ...when he gets home from golfing .....
                                             I also surprised him with a Congrats!!!!
                                                   Gift for his promotion to SSGT....
                              I'm so very proud of him and what he has accomplished
                                                in 6 years of serving in the Air Force.
                            I don't have too many pictures to show due to the majority
                      of his time here was spent on the golf course with his father .....
                                 well atleast I got to spend some time with him in the evening ...
                      It was so nice to cook dinner and spent that quality time at home
                            at the dinner table enjoying each other in conversation.....
                                   which I think my son really enjoyed being home 
                                                & spending time with us too !!!!
                                                      Ricky enjoying his room again ....

                                                his old guitar still on display in his room ....

                  (As you can see my comfy polka-dot blankie back on the bed ..lol) 
                                      Ricky relaxing watching tv with his dad ....
                                                     Mt Dew  & Wing night ....


            Other than Golf the next thing my Ricksters enjoy is Baseball .......
                                       We enjoyed a Family night at the Rays game !!!!
                                       
     What a coincidence it was pay tribute to all the Airmen @ McDill AFB  ....
                               (Ricky got us all Military discounts !!!) 

                                        We got some good seats to enjoy the game .....
                                              Baltimore Orioles vs Tampa Bay Rays
  Take me out to the ball game
Take me out with the crowd
Buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks
I don't care if I never get back
Let me root, root, root
For the home team
If they don't win it's a shame
Aahh.
For it's one,
Two,
Three strikes you're out
At the old ball game

                                                                    Lets go RAYS !!!!
                                                    My husband enjoying his peanuts ....
                               while my son enjoys a Tampa Bay Rays cocktail.......
                                                                 ONE BIG HAPPY  .....

                                                                         FAMILY !!!!!!
                                                                  (Together at-last!!!)
                                                                     The Rays win .....
                                                               Ricky & I after the game ....

  logo   Tampa Bay 8, Baltimore 0   logo


                                               Father & son baseball hat shopping .....
                                   This was a wonderful evening spent with our son!!!
                                                                
                                                                   Proud parents!!!
                                     
                                       My son has spent lil over a week with us
                               and we really enjoyed having him home !!!
         It was so nice to hear the words "MOM" & "DAD" in the house .....!!!
                           I also enjoyed having our alone parent time !!!
The  typical Mom & son Sushi dinner @ Myako  & shopping time ....
Father & son ....GOLF ...GOLF ....& MORE GOLF time  ....lol .....
                              I hate that this day had to come when he had to pack up
                                       to head back to the Air Force base.
     My son taking back some Yuengling- you can't buy this beer in Louisiana ....
                                         His beer of choice other than - Guinness...

     Father & son talks ....I was already tearing at this point ....sniff ....snob...
                                                         We love you...Ricky !!!!!
&
Off he goes ....


                                                              I miss you already !!!!
                                                                       

No comments :

Post a Comment