Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash
The perfect side dish !
2 heads cauliflower, core removed, cut into florets
1 tablespoon olive oil or non-dairy butter spread
½ cup non-dairy milk (up to 1 cup to desire puree consistency)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 garlic bulb(about 6 -7 cloves )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place garlic in a casserole dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast garlic in the preheated oven until tender and fragrant, about 15-20 minutes.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Mash cauliflower and roasted garlic with olive oil / or non butter spread together in a food processor. Add salt and non-dairy milk into mashed cauliflower until completely incorporated and pureed.
- Place back into a pot on stove-top on low heat until ready to serve.
Bake in Oven
1. Spread cauliflower mixture into casserole dish.
2. Add any topping (GF bread crumbs, nutritional yeast , non-dairy cheese etc)
3. Bake mashed cauliflower in the preheated oven until hot and flavors blend,
about 15 minutes.