Makes: 16 servings
- 1 box gluten free yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple with juice(I used fresh pineapple crushed using my vitamix)
- 1 pkg of Vivian's Live Again Vegan Whipped topping ( You can substitute any whipped topping example cool whip or cocowhip, )
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding( I used French vanilla)
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple with juice (I used fresh pineapple crushed using my vitamix)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.(I used a glass baking dish)
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine cake mix, eggs, oil, and fresh crushed pineapple or 1 can of crushed pineapple with the juice. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared baking pan/dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a medium sized bowl, fold together the whipped topping( I followed direction on pkg to make whipped topping), box of (french)vanilla pudding, and 8 oz of fresh crushed pineapple or 1 can crushed pineapple with the juice. Spread over the top of cooled cake. I sprinkled the top of cake with some more crushed fresh pineapple.