- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 of a large English hothouse cucumber -seeds removed & diced
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, quartered sliced
- 2/3 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried mint (you can substitute fresh mint)
- 1/2 cup diced white onion (you can substitute scallions or scallot)
- Rinse quinoa & then add to medium saucepan over high heat with 2 cups low sodium chicken broth ,1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil .Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.Let cool in Refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Whisk lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add quinoa once chilled in a large bowl; mix in the dressing.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, herbs, and onions to the bowl with the quinoa; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place back in the refrigerator to chill for at least another hour for the flavors to merry.