Prep Time-15 min
Using a Vitamix
- 1 2/3 cups gluten free all purpose flour –Marilyn's Flour 2 Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3- small red apples (you can use any variety of apple) chopped
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup Truvia(Stevia)
- 2/3 cup avocado oil
- 1-4 oz container of unsweetened applesauce (no high fructose corn syrup )
- Preheat the oven to 350°F . Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper/or silicone liners .
- Place GF flour, baking soda, and spices in a medium-size mixing bowl and SIFT altogether. Set aside.
- Place chopped apples, egg, stevia and olive oil in the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and increase the speed to Variable 5.
- Blend for 30 seconds until thick and creamy.
- Pour apple mixture into flour mixture mixing by hand (do not over mix batter) then fold in the applesauce to combine. Spoon or scoop the mixture into the prepared muffin tin.
- Sprinkle Sugar spice topping over each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, then serve.
- These can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 1 month. (Optional : You can also add dried fruit or nuts to these muffins)