Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Stroll thru the Holiday Lights in the Garden

  Due to minor injuries I'm still  not able to go to the Gym so I decided to go for a walk today, however It was a  a bit chilly  where I live. Currently Temp: 53°F Mostly clear. 
Lows in the upper 40s. That is cold to us Floridians. 

                                       Yes I'm all geared up Looking like an Eskimo 


                                                                       Warm & Fuzzy



So off I went and decided I needed to walk a scenic route which led me to :



 Florida Botanical Gardens brings holiday glow to Pinellas and  is located 12520 Ulmerton Road in Largo inside Pinewood Cultural Park. It’s sandwiched between Ulmerton and Walsingham roads with entrances on both sides. Visitors can enjoy more than 30 acres of cultivated gardens and 90 acres of natural areas, lovingly maintained by foundation volunteers year-round.

Nearly 500.000 twinkling lights make Florida Botanical Gardens a holiday wonderland.

During the holidays, the gardens come to light, transforming into a fairyland of color and shapes. This year’s display lights winding along paths, outlining shrubs and walls and climbing tree trunks and branches.

The spectacle is open from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. through Jan. 1. A donation of $2 pays for the show and helps volunteers maintain the gardens throughout the year. Children under 12 are admitted free.
Some of the new things people will see this year include a display of lighted flamingos, which is a favorite spot for people to take pictures. A new family of deer is tucked in along the pathway and trio of waterfowl are tucked into the foliage beside a bridge. New butterflies join the trio that has been part of the display since 2001, creating an official butterfly display.
 
Spreading my wings

  I also got to enjoy the Holiday performances of  what I call
                                                       Dancing with the Stars! 
 Watch the Videos I took of  these kids they are amazing and talented.

 So many Photos to show that I have taken along my Holiday Stroll ....
                                                                Enjoy the Scenery.
                                              Don't think I burned too many calories  
                                             Especially after my stroll  I enjoyed a 
                                              Starbucks salted caramel hot chocolate
                                      I froze my Butt off -that counts for burning calories
FITNESS FACT: If you are cold and shivering, you can take encouragement from the fact that you are burning extra calories while trying to stay warm. The more you shiver, the more you burn. Shivering is your body's warming mechanism. Calories burned due to cold are based on the energy that you use during this warming process. (That makes me feel better)




























































































No comments :

Post a Comment