Saturday, May 11, 2013

~An Interesting Walk on the Beach ~


I love to take walks on the beach,  this way I get the exercise & destress at the same time !
There is just something about the beach that captures you in !
However today's walk was very interesting !

Walk on The Beach

. . . To find a treasure.
To exercise the limbs, to soothe the soul.
To praise God and to admire His handiwork.
To marvel at the birds that play against the sky and clouds.
To watch the waves
As they dance their way over
To feel the sun and the wind pressed against my face
And to run from the foam grasping for my feet.
(I found no treasure today ...but I did find Foam which I later found out is not so glamorous...Eww! )


To think . . . to reflect.
To see a million years of conflict
And to realize that life is as simple as . . .
‘THE LAND AND THE SEA.’
To walk hand in hand with nature
And draw upon its energy . . .
Which is never-ending and as constant as the stars.
And no matter how far apart my visits might measure . . .
I am always free to renew an old acquaintance with myself.

Peter Dueber



Beach Foam :
                                                                        
                             I wasn't sure if I should be walking with my waterproof
                                                         Beach tennies  in this stuff ....
                                                  All I can say is one word   ...YUCK!
              I went home after my walk and research how beach foam forms ....
The bubbles and foam you see are the results of many things.  Animals die in the oceans and as their bodies decompose some elements and oils are released.  They take time to be reabsorbed and that is part of the substance.  Plant life -- some of it  too small to see and some of it from decomposing plants add to the mix. 

                        EWWWWWWWW!


Each of these things contributes to the film which captures the bubbles as the waves break near the shore and hold the bubbles for a bit as foam.  The more foam, the more the contamination of the water.  Clean sea water should have almost no foam and the bubbles should break almost immediately as they wash up on shore.


 Let me just tell you I showered quickly & got good use out of my foot scrubber !
                    I still enjoyed my walk ....Now I know to stay out of the FOAM!!!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment