Friday, August 30, 2013

❧ Cabbage Soup ❧



                       Cabbage Soup




Ingredients

·      1/2 head of Cabbage
·      6-large green onions
·      1-2 cloves of Garlic
·      1-2 cans of diced tomatoes or Ro-tel diced tomatoes & green chiles(Mild)
·      3 Carrots
·      2 Green peppers
·      1 container of Mushrooms
·      1 bunch of Celery
·      1-2 cubes of Bouillon(I used Better than Bouillon Vegetable base)
·      1-48oz container of Low sodium V8 juice
·      1-32 oz container low sodium Vegetable broth
·      4 cups of water
·      Salt & Pepper to taste



❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧

  Directions

Cut all the Vegetables...

(My husband took on this job!)
Use a large saute pan...
Add Olive oil 
Saute green onions 1-2 minutes

 then add the green peppers ,
saute for another 1-2 minutes



Repeat the sauteing process
 with remaining Veggies..
Season with a pinch of  salt & pepper 
every step of the way 
Add carrots ..
 Celery...
 Looks yummy all ready ...
Mushrooms ...
My husband is on dicing duty again...
(We enjoy cooking together)
Finely chopping garlic... 
Add garlic to the veggies...
We added the garlic at this point because If you add the garlic in the beginning the garlic would burn or turn bitter 
from sauteing too long
 and I want that garlic flavor in the soup   .....
Add the cabbage...
 Saute for 3-4 minutes...
Cabbage takes  a little longer...
then add the diced tomatoes ...
I like my soup spicy so I'm subsituting
Ro-tel diced tomatoes & green chiles..
(Mild)
Saute until all the veggies are well combined
 and somewhat soft & tender...
Add sauteed veggies to a Stock pot....
Trust me ..
you will need a "Big pot"
This recipe makes alot of soup...

All veggies in.....
Add the V8 juice

 Add the vegetable broth
Add the water ...
1-2 tablespoon of  Better than Bouillon 
vegetable base...
(or 1-2 bouillon cubes) 
 Adds sooo much depth of flavor...
Add a little more Salt & Pepper...
Stir ...
Cover & cook for 2 hours ...


SOUPS
ON...



After 2 hours the soup is done... 
I freeze the soup in freezer containers ...


I  told you this recipe made a lot of soup...

You can eat the soup as is ....(For dieters)
or 
add Quinoa for some protein  ...
or
 like I did for my dinner tonight ...
Added gluten-free noodles ...
                    One healthy Bite !!!! ...
                  ( I like a lot of noodles ...) 

                           Enjoy!!!
❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧


 

No comments :

Post a Comment