Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Happy Election Day!





http://www.ourtime.org/pledge/



10 Reasons to Vote

1. So you can complain
If you love to complain in order to see changes, voting is for you. 
2. It’s your right
Others died for this privilege and now it’s your right. 
3. Representation
Who’s representing you? Find out and make sure your concerns are their concerns. 
4. It’s your duty
“Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.” - John F. Kennedy. 
5. More federal money …
for higher education funding, youth programs, the environment, HIV/AIDS or breast cancer research, whatever your cause.
6. To cancel out someone’s vote
In disagreement with your parents on certain issues? Cancel them out.
7. To bust the stereotype
Young adults between the ages of 18 and 25 are said to not care about the issues. Prove them wrong!
8. If you don’t, someone else will
Why would you want someone else deciding what’s best for you?
9. Every vote counts
Remember the 2000 Election controversy?
10. Make some noise!
Your opinions matter. It’s time to be heard.


This was my first time for me to vote on Election Day . The reasoning why I haven't voted in the past was that I hated Politics and disagreed with both parties. This year I finally realized that my vote counts ....it finally sunk in that I really needed to vote.  I finally realized that my vote is my voice . When we vote we are actually telling elected officials and lawmakers how we feel about education, public safety, social security , health care & other important issues. Our country is in a crisis and CHANGE is what we need .........

                                                         May God Bless America !!!!
 
                                                      









I also signed a Petition that stated:
Dear President Obama and Governor Romney:
Our country needs nurses, teachers, disaster relief, park restoration, infrastructure repair, and more. Yet 1 in 2 young Americans are currently jobless or underemployed.
Pledge to create one million new public service positions by expanding programs such as AmeriCorps, City Year, Habitat for Humanity, Teach for America, and others so we can rebuild our country now.
Sincerely,
Pati Clark

1 comment :

  1. So sad ....I pray for our country ...President Obama is re-elected ...

    ReplyDelete