Saturday, January 7, 2012

Morning resolve (a daily meditation honoring all faiths)



                                 Morning resolve (a daily meditation honoring all faiths)



Morning resolve (a daily meditation honoring all faiths)
For waking me up this morning, thank you God, Universe, Mother Nature, Father Time.

In gratitude, I shall live as an instrument of peace: a simple, sincere and serene life, repelling every thought of discontent, anxiety and discouragement. I shall cultivate cheerfulness, compassion, and the habit of holy silence, only speaking words that are true, necessary, and kind. I shall exercise economy in expenditure, generosity in giving, diligence in appointed service, fidelity to every trust, and a childlike faith in God.

I shall remain dedicated in the habits of prayer, meditation, work, study, physical exercise, eating, and sleep. Where there is hatred within, I shall sew love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.

I shall not so much seek to be consoled as to console, to be understood as to understand, or to be loved as to love; for it's in giving that we receive, it's in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it's by letting go of the concept of a separate self, that we are born to eternal life.

No comments :

Post a Comment